Wednesday 3 April 2013

Awesome interview with Hadunni Oluwawa.

...doing what she knows how to do best.


Hadunni: My names are Hadunni Abimbola Bunkunola Oasis Ogunjumelo.I am from Osun State.I read accountancy. I worked at Unipetrol now Oando Ibadan branch, as an account assistant, also had a brief stint at Nigeria Airways as an auditor.I got born again in 1988.I am married to Pastor Samuel Ogunjumelo and blessed with wonderful kids.I am the Chief Servant of Hadunni Entertainment,Special Senior Strategist at White Horse Movement.Our products are MINDS EVENT, RAMP MAGAZINE, KIDNEY REJOICE AND MINDS ON TV TRUE LIFE TV SERIES.I am through God's grace a film producer, a publisher , a youth coach and a gospel minister.

Jobuesi Music: How did Hadunni Oluwawa begin?

Hadunni: I am one of the very few that God gave the grace of multiple talents.I was once known only for my music ministry but the other talents later started coming to the fore. So I needed a compound name that defines who I truly represent. So we decided to brand all my talents under one compound name....considering all my names that defines who I truly represent.So we decided to brand all my talents under one compound name....considering all my names the one that fitted properly was ADUNNI, my oriki.We later added a "H " to it. This stands for the HolySpirit....He is the drive I have.My source and greatest motivator.

Jobuesi Music : It's becoming a normal trend for musicians to come in with gospel songs, then go circular. Whats your take on this?
Hadunni: Funny enough, I also at a time started calling myself an inspirational singer. Most of them started out in church. As an upcomer, most gospel acts believe you have to put a little of secular into it, so that you can be accepted.This is a marketing gimmick but most times, most of them find it so difficult to stand for who they truly are. Before you know it, secular grows faster because it is wide so they drift to secular. I believe that if you are called by God, then you should represent God.I was corrected by God and immediately, I started reffering to myself as a gospel act.I am content with the platform The Gospel has thrown at me.Yes a lot of US are told that, we will do better as in receive greater pay pack if we go secular.I am content with the gospel. I know whom I believe, He is able, more than able to carry me. Also the church isn't helping matters.If you can pay and appreciate a pastor, then you should appreciate a minstrel, they are ministers of the word too, though through music.Gospel acts are treated like trash.They go for ministrations and the church responds by saying "...brethren let US pray for our people".That is not it, encourage them.

Jobuesi Music: Where do you feel Gospel music is, in this dispensation and in this
part of the world?


Hadunni: Right now gospel is realizing that it is key to the 2nd coming of the Lord. So everybody is working hard now.The devil wants to destroy the whole universe with entertainment. This is why God has increased the outpouring of greater talents into the music industry.We have a lot of great acts that are great blessings. Our young men are seeing visions....there is a great outpouring of God's Spirit in the gospel music ministry right now.We just need to harness this with proper packaging, branding and professionalism.

Jobuesi Music: What are those things that needs to be done for gospel music to move farther than where it is now?

Hadunni: First and foremost...I believe each gospel artistt should define their relationship with God, Be truly born again. Eran Ara ko le Sise yi.You must be Spirit filled.Then we need a lot of professionalism.We need to have a dynamic Christian body that unites gospel musicians.We need more platforms. Corporate Organizations should invest in gospel, we buy their products they should patronize US too.We should pray more, love more and unite more.

Jobuesi Music: Who are your role models musically localy and internationally?

Hadunni: I do not have any role model but I have people who inspire me.Christ is my only role model.Those who inspire me are, midnight crew, Lara George, tope alabi, Sinach, frank Edwards, and a lot of upcoming artists.The following people also inspire me, MAC OLADEJO, ITUAH IGHODALO, BABA ADEBOYE, BISHOP OYEDEPO, PST. BIODUN FATOYINBO, MIKE ABDUL, PST FEMI PAUL, JOYCE MEYER, LATE BIMBO ODUKOYA, GHANDI, MOTHER THERESA, MANDELA, MY LATE DAD, MY HUSBAND AND THE BIBLE.

Jobuesi Music: Do tell us about your current albunm and/or do you have any albunm you are working on at the moment?

Hadunni: Am working on my 3rd album titled, Hadunni.
 
Jobuesi Music: Could you mention any gospel artist you've worked with and any other artist you'll love to work with in future albunms?
 
Hadunni: I have worked with Mike Abdul and others. I hope to work with Kore, Nathaniel Bassey, Damiitta and Lara George.
Jobuesi Music: What advise do you have for those that aspire to be like you, sing the way you sing?

Hadunni:I advise them not to try to sing the way I sing but sing originally. Love God dearly.Don't let money or fame be your motivation. Be prayerful, work professionally and be smart, work on your character and keep healthy relationships. Also aspire to be greater.
Jobuesi Music:Where do you see yourself musicall in the next 5 years if Jesus taries?

Hadunni: Still thanking God, still in love with God, living my life to please God.

Jobuesi Music: Are there people that you'll love to say a big thank you to?

Hadunni: I will like to say a big thank you to you (Jobuesi Music) for having me, I must admit that you are doing a great work, your reach is wide, thank you for giving platforms to gospel music.I say a big thank you to my fans, family,, friends and staff. I'm also on my knees saying a big thank you to the big hand behind me, God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. shalom!


 

1 comment :

  1. Hmmmmm........... HADDUNI OLUWAWA..... I love this woman

    ReplyDelete